KOMTAR Tower Run 2013
EVENT START : 01 September 2013 (Sunday)
Registration CLOSED : 04 August 2013 (Sunday)
An event not to be missed! KOMTAR Tower Run 2013 is organized specially for sports enthusiasts and anybody willing to take on the physical and mental challenge to run up the entire 65-storey KOMTAR Tower, Penang is tallest building and an icon of Penang in its heyday. KOMTAR Tower is a 12-sided geometric block, 760ft (232m) tall and flights of stairs with total of 1237 steps, sitting atop a 4-storey podium and comprising of offices, retail commercial space as well as public and recreational facilities.
It is our aim to achieve the following objectives: -
- To encourage people from all walks of life to take a break from the daily challenges and to take on the physical/mental challenge of completing the race.
- To provide a different sports avenue - adding a variety to the usual running routes.
- To promote healthy living as a healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
- To revive KOMTAR as the premier icon of Penang.
- To promote the local sporting scene with new challenges.
- To put this event in the Penang sporting calender as part of its sports tourism.
- To foster camaraderie amongst families and friends as they take on this challenges together.
- To develop more potentials & energists runner in the future for Malaysia.